Google Pixel 2 is currently one of the best camera phones in the market. Google always believe in artificial intelligence so by using that they have improved the camera of Pixel and Pixel 2. Last year their HDR+ mode in Google Pixel camera was something amazing thanks to their software processing. The HDR+ not only improve dynamic range but also reduces noise in the photos and improves colours as well. Another great feature which is there in Pixel 2 Camera is the Portrait Mode, Google has done a very interesting job in making Pixel 2 camera app, unlikely other brands they enabled the portrait mode in Pixel 2 using a single camera. Now, this all the software based and AI based blurring algorithm which allows us to take portrait shots using a single camera. So due to high demand and the great Pixel 2 camera app, XDA developers managed to bring Pixel 2 Camera App to almost every Android Phone.
How to get Google Pixel 2 Camera and Portrait Mode on Any Other Smartphone
Note- The App is still in development phase so you can expect a better performance & compatibility in future. This APP works best in Qualcomm processors and Android Nougat or Orea, Some device requires ROOT access to work this app.
So here is the procedure-
- Download and Install Manual Camera Compatibility App in your Smartphone.
- Check whether your device supports manual settings (Camera 2 API).
3. If your mobile doesn’t support Camera 2 API then you need to root your device and enabled it using Build Prop (The procedure to enabled Camera 2 API in your smartphone is at the end of this post).
Now the procedure is done but if you still facing a problem with an app then just play around with different settings especially developer and HDR+ settings.
How to Enable Camera 2 API in the Android Smartphone
- For this first, you need the rooted device so root your device.
- Then Install Build Prop from play store.
- Click on the edit button and add the following lines- “persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1″ and then save the file.
- Now your device is Camera 2 API enabled.
Some of the pictures clicked using this camera app-
If you have any queries regarding this post then let us know in the comment section below-